Monday, February 7, 2011

Spend this winter with me.




This winter I asked Kristen for a mix cd, preferably full of towering Nordic men. As college roommates we shared a ton of music and I miss bending each other's tastes. Since it's only fair that I put in the effort too, I made her this mix. Putting the music together took an afternoon, and drawing the cover has taken much longer. I have so much music to share with her, that I picked a particular mood, one color of the spectrum to elaborate on. The music is wintery, warm, and best enjoyed alone - just like my mustard grandpa cardigan that immediately warms me up and grosses Ian out. The title is a variation on one of the tracks, Sally Shapiro - Jackie Jackie (Spend This Winter With Me.) There is more drawing on the inside, but that's just for Kristen. If you would like me to spend too much time on a mix for you too, I take requests. 

1 comment: